Looking to be a leader in culturally safe legal services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women?
Flexible workplace. Opportunity to design and deliver legal services which meet community need. A feminist workplace and culture. Leaders in trauma-informed lawyering in the ACT. Meaningful, varied, interesting, and complex legal work.
The Women’s Legal Centre ACT seeks a senior lawyer (4 years PAE+) to lead our specialist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women’s program – Mulleun Mura.
If you are looking to lead, collaborate, and use your legal skills to provide culturally appropriate and trauma informed service delivery to get real outcomes for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women, this position is for you.
Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women will be prioritised.
About the position
Working hand in glove with a senior Aboriginal paralegal, our legal and social work teams, you will have a mixed case load of childrens and property matters, including litigated family law matters and early intervention Care and Protection work. Our lawyers work collaboratively with our community partners to deliver accessible legal services to women, including providing services offsite.
The Mullen Mura Program Manager contributes to the management of the Centre and takes responsibility for the development and delivery of the Mullen Mura Program. You will also work closely with Community and the Head of Practice (Family Law) to develop the strategic direction of the Mulleun Mura Program.
Please see the Position Description here.
- Competitive remuneration package, including generous PBI salary packaging options, flex-leave, and 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Flexible work options, sustainable caseloads, and a supportive workplace dedicated to developing cultural safety, employee wellbeing and resilience.
- Excellent training opportunities and investment in your professional development.
- The opportunity to use your legal skills to address gender inequality and support women.
- Opportunities to develop your leadership and management skills.
Senior Lawyers (4+ years PAE in family law) – $99-105K +super
To apply, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV; and
- A 1-2 page cover letter addressing the following question: What do you think are the key opportunities and challenges in delivering culturally appropriate legal services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women and how have you/would you address them?
Applications close COB Monday 4 October 2021. Selection processes may include interview and other forms of assessment.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Claudia Maclean on (02) 6257 4377.
Please note being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under s34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT). Part-time applications will be considered. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women will be prioritised.