- Part-time positions in genuinely flexible workplace.
- Opportunity to grow professionally in a growing organisation.
- Join a friendly and creative team that values your expertise to help us grow
About the Centre
The Women’s Legal Centre ACT improves women’s lives through specialist legal representation, support and advocacy.
The Centre has grown significantly over the past four years and manages a range of government funding sources.
About the position
The Financial Controller is a new position, created to support our ongoing growth and evolution as a modern community service.
The Financial Controller reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for the financial functions including:
- Preparing accurate and timely financial and management reports for internal management, Board and funders
- Tax and compliance reporting
- Performing key accounting tasks and reconciliations of all financial accounts
- Managing payroll
- Preparing budgets, forecast and cashflows
- Preparing information for external auditors
- Supervising financial administration
The position also works with the Finance Manager to develop financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting to support the Centre’s strategic and operational priorities.
The position description is available here.
The position is 22.8 hours per week, which can be worked flexibly within core hours to suit you.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience with the not for profit sector or managing grant funding arrangements highly preferred.
If you are looking for a position where you can use your skills to support an organisation delivering essential services and want to support us to grow, we want to hear from you!
Please send a response to this description and selection criteria (max 2 pages), including your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Marinda Burger on 6257 4377 or via email email@example.com
Applications close COB Tuesday 12 October 2021
Note: being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under s34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT).